University of Queensland is recognised as Australia's premier university for the study of the increasingly important field of environmental management.
The lecturers are involved in decision-making for institutions such as the Nature Conservancy, the Royal Society of London, Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority and the World Health Organisation.
During your 1.5 year full-time Environmental Management program, you'll learn how to analyse and implement strategies that balance social equity, environmental sustainability and economic needs, and develop essential techniques and methods for resolving sustainable development issues.
- Access unique biodiversity hotspots and fascinating ecosystems, ranging from coral reefs to World Heritage rainforests.
- Take advantage of innovative opportunities for marine and terrestrial research and interactive field- and lab-based learning.
- Gain practical experience while enhancing your report-writing and project management skills.
- Organise your study around your professional and personal commitments, with the option to complete many courses online.
Career possibilitiesPostgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- National parks and wildlife conservator
- Environmental assessment and compliance consultant
- Natural resources manager
- Policy developer
- Mining adviser
- Environmental tourism consultant
- Climate change researcher
- Sustainability adviser
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Resource Management & Environmental Planning
- Tools for Environmental Assessment and Analysis
- Applied Research Methods
- Environmental Problem Solving
- Conservation & Wildlife Biology
- Regulatory Frameworks for Environmental Management & Planning
- Climate Change and Environmental Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Deadline for domestics: Monday before the begining of semester
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 280 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Australia
CRICOS code: 006689B
- Bachelor degree in environmental studies, geography, natural resources, biology, ecology, conservation, sustainable development, environmental engineering, marine science, or an approved discipline.
- UQ or equivalent GPA of 4.5 or above on a 7 point scale.
International41040 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 41040 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National33200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33200 AUD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.