The Marital and Family Therapy (MFT) program at University of San Diego is accredited by the Board of Behavioral Sciences (California) and the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy (COAMFTE).
Students complete rigorous coursework and a 12-month clinical practicum in community sites, such as Rady Children’s Hospital Outpatient Psychiatry and the Eating Disorders Center for Treatment and Research at UCSD. Full-time students graduate in 2 years and accrue approximately 1100 hours toward the 3,000 hours required for MFT licensure in California. After graduation, students become Registered Associate Marital and Family Therapists and continue their training in preparation for licensure.
Coursework that covers every angle
As a program that deeply embraces diversity, it's fitting that our coursework explores diverse angles of therapeutic practice. Learn the specifics of how aging issues play out in family therapy, how to work with clients coping with substance abuse, and how to integrate research on social neuroscience.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Evidence Based Practice in Family Therapy
- Family Therapy Theories
- Psychopathology in the Family
- Ethical & Legal Issues in Family Therapy
- Human Diversity in Family Therapy
- Family Development
- Systemic Treatment of Children
- Families of Children with Special Needs
- Developmental Psychopathology
- Psychopharmacology and Systems
- Couples & Sex Therapy
- Systemic Treatment of Substance Abuse
- Family Violence
- Aging Issues in Family Therapy
- Social Neuroscience for Family Therapists
- Spiritual Issues in Family Therapy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 34 other Masters in Complementary & Alternative Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Current Resume — You will submit a resume detailing your employment and/or educational experience.
- Personal Statement, Statement of Purpose and/or Essays — Personal statement(s) vary depending on the program you are applying to. Please check the prompt in your application.
- Letters of Recommendation — Your letters should be from professors familiar with your scholarly work, or from professional supervisors who have had experience in a graduate program and who can provide information about your potential for success as a graduate student.
International1509 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1509 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1509 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1509 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.