Our program uses experiential learning and action research methods wrapped in an intensive, applied, and highly interactive cohort design, and using internet-based learning methods between each of the five one-week on-campus residencies.
The curriculum of the Positive Organization Development and Change program of Case Western Reserve University remains on the cutting edge of strength-based, results-driven Change Management, Leadership Development, Appreciative Inquiry, Emotional Intelligence, Diversity and Inclusion, Developing Consulting Skills and Flourishing Enterprises.
Is the MPOD program right for me?
This master’s in organization development degree enables professionals to create a better world by developing human potential with strength-based methods of inquiry, design and change management. The field of organization development has seen priorities shift radically within the last 25 years. Customer service, productivity and the bottom line are no longer the only benchmarks of business success.
The MPOD curriculum recognizes that today’s leaders must embrace technology, globalization, accelerated change, distributed organizing and social entrepreneurship. Even in the day-to-day workplace, new elements are in play; success at a personal as well as an organizational level means balancing technical, relational and human factors. That is why we teach principles of visionary leadership, transformative cooperation, and diversity at work as essential to functioning multicultural and global networks.
Upon completion of the program, you will:
- Align organizational strengths and make weaknesses irrelevant.
- Develop emotionally intelligent and resonant leaders.
- Help people change personally and professionally by using compassionate coaching.
- Create flourishing enterprises that are economically viable, environmentally sustainable, and socially responsible.
- Maximize organizational gains by leveraging the diversity and complexity that characterize today's organizations.
- Strategically intervene in ways that produce tangible outcomes.
- Build high performance teams.
Consider the MPOD if you want to:
- learn how to align organizational strengths and make weaknesses irrelevant
- understand the difference between outstanding leaders and those that are not
- achieve economic well-being by doing what is right environmentally and socially to create sustainable value
- learn how to intervene at strategic levels
More informationVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Positive Organization Development and Change
- Coaching Leadership and Executive Assessment and Development
- Experiential Learning for Individuals, Teams, and Organizations
- Leadership and Executive Assessment and Development
- Practicum in Appreciative Inquiry and Positive OD
- Foundations of Strategic Thinking
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
Applicants who work in the non-profit sector and desire tuition discount consideration MUST submit application no later than the Round 1 deadline.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 420 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 - 7 years related work experience
- Full-time employment
- Desire to positively impact human systems
- Alignment between career goals and organizational development/change management values
- Completed Online Application
- Official Transcripts
- Two Essays - Topics provided on application site
- Two recommenders
- TOEFL-IELTS-PTE Scores
- $100 Non-Refundable Application Fee
- Applicant Interview
International1465 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1465 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
National1465 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1465 USD per credit and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.