The MA in Integrated Marketing Communication (MAIMC) at City University of Hong Kong is a programme launched by the Department of Media and Communication in 2008, having the following features:
- It incorporates marketing, public relations, advertising, and new media in response to the needs by organizations that increasingly demand for professional integrated marketing communicators.
- It is one of the few in the world that infuse a heavy component of state-of-the-art technologies, such as a sophisticated e-platform that converges all modes of communication for this integrated degree and an eye-tracking laboratory that provides scientifically-based evidence to guide and test graphic, visual and textual communication in integrated marketing communication for designing more effective persuasive messages.
- It is the first and only MA programme of its kind in UGC-funded universities in Hong Kong.
- The programme offers the opportunity for students to study in the collaborative degree with the IMC programme at the Northwestern University, U.S.A. (Subject to the University’s approval)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods for Communication and New Media
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Fundamentals of Marketing Communication
- Advertising Production and Management
- Public Relations Strategies
- Crisis Communication and Management
- Consumer Behavior Insight
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all places are filled.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Marketing View 5 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy the following General Entrance Requirements:
- a Bachelor's degree from a recognized tertiary institution or an equivalent qualification in related field
- preferably have one or more years of work experience in a professional communication area (e.g., integrated communication, advertising, public relations, corporate and public information, marketing communication, web or multimedia production, etc)
International735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 735 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National735 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 735 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- National and International: HK$5,700 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.