As with our Building Services Engineering MSc, you'll get a solid grounding in the core subjects of heat transfer, energy conversion, acoustics, electrical services and lighting design, as well as in the practicalities of building management, fire and smoke control, waste disposal and lifts and escalators.
On top of this, you’ll gain a thorough understanding of key sustainability issues such as renewable energy technologies, including its generation, storage and economic and environmental impacts, energy-efficient ventilation, and air conditioning.
This Building Services Engineering with Sustainable Energy programme from Brunel University London is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and the Energy Institute (EI), which means your degree will put you on course to gain Chartered Engineer (CEng) status in the UK.
Careers and your future
Our graduates work in building services and construction-related consultancies such as Hoare Lea, Arup, BuroHappold, AECOM, Cundall, BRE, ChapmanBDSP, Atkins, WSP Group, Faber Maunsell and Hilson Moran.
Other employers include county councils within their building management and environmental departments, EDF Energy, Skanska, Trend Control Systems and Honeywell Control Systems.
You can also progress to academic research.
- Energy Conversion Technologies
- Electrical Services and Lighting Design
- Building Heat Transfer and Air Conditioning
- Acoustics, Fire, Lifts and Drainage
- Building Services Design and Management
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Energy Efficient Ventilation for Buildings
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology Sustainable Energy View 767 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in Mechanical, Building Services or technology subject. Other qualifications and relevant experience will be assessed on an individual basis.
- If you require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK, you must prove knowledge of the English language so that we can issue you a Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS). To do this, you will need an IELTS for UKVI or Trinity SELT test pass gained from a test centre approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and on the Secure English Language Testing (SELT) list. This must have been taken and passed within two years from the date the CAS is made.
International20450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9935 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9935 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU applicants will have the same tuition fees as UK students
Distance learning fees:
- UK/EU: £6265
- International: £11525
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.