You'll get a solid grounding in core subjects of heat transfer, energy conversion, acoustics, electrical services and lighting design as well as in the practicalities of building management, fire and smoke control, waste disposal and lifts and escalators.
Additionally, as there is a growing demand for a new generation of environmentally responsible buildings, you’ll also examine energy efficiency and sustainable design.
This Building Services Engineering programme from Brunel University London is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and the Energy Institute (EI), which means your degree will put you on course to gain Chartered Engineer (CEng) status in the UK.
Careers and your future
Our graduates work in building services and construction-related consultancies such as Hoare Lea, Arup, BuroHappold, AECOM, Cundall, BRE, ChapmanBDSP, Atkins, WSP Group, Faber Maunsell and Hilson Moran.
Other employers include county councils within their building management and environmental departments, EDF Energy, Skanska, Trend Control Systems and Honeywell Control Systems.
- Energy Conversion Technologies
- Electrical Services and Lighting Design
- Building Heat Transfer and Air Conditioning
- Acoustics, Fire, Lifts and Drainage
- Building Management and Control Systems
- Design of Fluid Services and Heat Transfer Equipment
- Building Services Design and Management
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 291 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree or equivalent internationally recognised qualification in Mechanical, Building Services or technology subject. Other qualifications and relevant experience will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Entry to this programme requires all students who are not nationals of the European Economic Area (EEA) and have temporary immigration permission to remain in the UK to obtain an ATAS certificate. If you are made an offer to join this course and you are not an EEA national, you will be required to obtain an ATAS certificate as a condition of your offer.
International20450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9935 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9935 GBP per year during 12 months.
- EU applicants will have the same tuition fees as UK students
- £895 per 15 credit module
- £3,580 for a 60 credit dissertation
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.