A one-year course-based program providing a thorough grounding in modern economics and preparing students for doctoral studies in economcs and careers in the public and private sector.
This master degree in Economics is offered by the McMaster University. In addition to required courses in Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Econometrics, students can take elective courses in a variety of fields, including Health Economics, Labour Economics, Population Economics, Public Economics, International Finance, International Trade, Monetary Economics, Industrial Organization and Experimental Economics.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Microeconomic Theory
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Mathematical Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics View 49 other Masters in Economics in Canada
- Honours Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- B+ (B- for Engineering) minimum average, based on a full year equivalent of final year courses (3rd/4th level) relevant to the program
- Each program may set additional/higher requirements
- Degrees and grades from foreign universities are evaluated for their equivalency to McMaster’s
- Departments or programs may establish additional requirements, such as scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Admission is competitive: meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission
- The admission decision is not subject to appeal
- Applicants who do not meet the above mentioned requirements, should consult the Graduate Calendar to determine the requirements for exceptional cases
International11396 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5698 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National4204 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2102 CAD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.