Computer Science - the science of computing - provides a solid and rigorous foundation on which such systems and applications can be built. At the same time, computer science has a large potential impact on interdisciplinary collaboration.
Whether your passion is to help fight global warming, uncover the secrets of the human genome, create intelligent robots, bring history alive through mobile apps, prevent terrorism, understand human social phenomena, play the stock market, create digital art, improve health care, or invent the technologies of the future, computing is central to these and most modern endeavors.
Memorial’s Department of Computer Science has grown significantly over the last decade, both in our faculty complement and our graduate student numbers. Since 2003, 50% of our new faculty hires are women, and our Master’s and PhD programs have quadrupled over the same period.
For the next decade, we aim at becoming one of the most innovative and vibrant Computer Science departments in Canada. Memorial University of Newfoundland offers a wide range of computer science programs, all of which are intended to be challenging and dedicated to the evolution of Computer Science.
- This is an amazing time to go into computing, with unprecedented opportunities.
- Computers are a ubiquitous and growing presence in all aspects of modern society, and thus there is large and increasing demand for computing professionals that is far from being met by the profile of today's graduates.
- This is why unemployment is near zero for Computing Professionals, and Computing Professionals earn some of the highest salaries in the North America.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Computer Science - An Introduction
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Logic for Computer Scientists
- Basic Computing & Information Technology
- Object-Oriented Programming and Human-Computer Interaction
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 91 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application
- Official transcript(s) (must be submitted by post mail or courier)
- Two (2) letters of appraisal
- Non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Additional requirements (may be required).
- Prerequisites may be necessary for your program of interest
International2148 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1074 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National1652 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 826 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- National: $826-$1,239/semester
- International: $1,074-$1,611/semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.