Students may specialize in one of five focus areas:
- Process Engineering
- Environmental Chemistry
- Subsurface and Surface Processes
- Sustainable Systems & Environmental Asssesment
- Nuclear Environmental Engineering and Science.
About the program
Course work for the Master of Science (MS) Environmental Engineering and Science degree program at Clemson University can be completed in three semesters (about sixteen months). An oral defense is required for the thesis (MS) . A non-thesis MS option can be completed in one calendar year by taking courses during both regular semesters and in the summer. Three courses required of all master’s students cover fundamental physical, chemical, and biological principles of natural and engineered environmental systems. . Remaining course work to meet career-specialization goals is not restricted to EES courses. Students may pursue a specialty in process engineering, subsurface and surface processes, environmental chemistry, sustainable systems, and hazardous and radioactive waste management (including risk assessment, environmental health physics, or radiochemistry).
- Environmental Engineering Principles
- Environmental Chemistry
- Biological Principles of Environmental Engineering
- Physicochemical Operations
- Process and Facility Design for Environmental Control Systems (at least 3 credit hours)
- Biochemical Operations in Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Biodegradation and Bioremediation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Earth Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 1866 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- The Clemson University Graduate School oversees the admissions process for all graduate programs at Clemson University. Criteria used in making decisions will vary according to the college and program you’re applying for, but all decisions include an evaluation of your potential for graduate-level work and the ability of a program to accommodate additional students.
- Typically, each academic department accepting graduate students will form an admissions committee and review all requests, then forward the committee’s recommendations to the Graduate School for final approval and processing.
International27510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13755 USD per semester during 12 months.
National27510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13755 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State12764 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6382 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Clemson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.