Biomedical engineers specialize in solving technological problems that require an understanding the functions of the human body.
They combine the knowledge of the synthetic and analytic methods of physics and chemistry, computational methods of mathematics, and measurement and control systems of electrical engineering with a thorough medical and biological foundation.
With your way of thinking and your skills, you have the perfect background to find a job as (bio)medical engineer. People in the world are getting older and older. This increases the demand for innovative biomedical solutions. Expectations are that the demand for biomedical engineers will stay in the job market.
After acquiring a Master's degree Biomedical Engineering programme from Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) , there is a broad perspective in job offers. Besides becoming a researcher, you could for example become a developer, project manager, teacher, consultant or business developer.
Graduates can work among others at universities, in hospitals, in pharmaceutical companies or engineering companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Tracks in the master’s program Biomedical Engineering:
- Regenerative engineering
- Regenerative medicine and technology (with Utrecht University)
- Biomechanics and mechanobiology
- Chemical biology, materials and nanomedicine
- Biomedical imaging and modelling
- Medical imaging
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biotechnology View 12 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A sufficient level of academic knowledge, skills and competences.
- A Licenciado / Licenciatura, Titulo de Ingeniero (Superior), Titulo de Arquitecto or Titulo de Graduado degree (obtained after at least 4 years = 240 ECTS of studies) from an accredited university.
- A Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 7.0/10.
- Specific subject related knowledge and skills depending on the program of your choice (see check your eligibility)
- a certain level of English proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16400 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.