This in-depth, highly unique program is delivered both online and on campus from Darwin, which is Australia's gateway to Indonesia and Southeast Asia. The course draws on research, insights and learnings from a geographic region that is unarguably the most prone to, and affected by, various types of disasters. The course also carries a strong focus on informed practice and research, as well as multi-sectoral approaches.
During the course you will:
- Gain the essential knowledge and skills required to lead and manage all phases of the disaster management cycle
- Learn how to confidently apply your academic studies to practical responses
- Learn how to apply your skills, knowledge and experience in a way that’s appropriate, collaborative and productive in the Asia Pacific region and beyond
- Have the opportunity to tailor your course by choosing from a range of specialised electives
- Acquire the technical, managerial and leadership skills to progress your current career or take a new professional direction
- Be able to report on your professional experience in the academic sphere of this rapidly evolving sector
- The Master of Emergency and Disaster Management is supported by nationally and internationally respected leading industry partners.
The Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate in Emergency and Disaster Management are also nested within the Master’s degree course as entry and exit pathways to this program.
The Emergency and Disaster Management program from Charles Darwin University complements your resume by broadening your skill set and it prepares you for management and leadership roles.
Graduating from this course may lead to career opportunities that focus on emergency and disaster management from prevention to recovery. Your qualifications could land you a role in health, environment, social wellbeing, humanitarian assistance and management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Indigenous Knowledges and Epistemologies
- Emergency and Disaster Management in Context
- Interdisciplinary Aspects of Emergency and Disaster Management
- Leadership in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Cultural, Social and Psychological Aspects of Emergency and Disaster Management
- Reflective Case Study
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Emergency & Disaster Management View 280 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Cricos Code: 082431J
- Successful completion of a recognised bachelor degree or a higher qualification in a relevant field.
International31000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31000 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Commonwealth supported places for domestic students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.