As an emergency and disaster management specialist, you will have the skills and ability to apply your knowledge and experience appropriately, collaboratively and productively in this vulnerable region and other parts of the world.
You will have the essential knowledge and skills required to lead and manage all phases of the disaster management cycle.
You will be able to confidently apply your academic studies to practical responses and report on your professional experience into the academic sphere of this rapidly evolving sector.
This in-depth course promotes its uniqueness in three areas:
- its focus on Asia-Pacific Region
- its informed practice and research
- its multi-sectoral approach.
This course is a pathway for further studies and is supported by nationally and internationally respected leading industry partners.
The Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate in Emergency and Disaster Management from Charles Darwin University are also nested within the master’s degree course as entry and exit pathways to this program. The course also provides you with the technical, managerial and leadership skills required to progress in your current career or to enter new career pathways. The option to focus on a particular area or shift to an aligned specialisation is provided through the wide range of specialist electives.
- Hazardous Material Management
- Homeland Security Officer
- Public Health Preparedness
- Public Information Officer
- Hospital Emergency Preparedness Administrator
- Emergency Management Specialist
- Emergency Preparedness Specialist
More informationVisit official programme website
- Indigenous Knowledges and Epistemologies
- Emergency and Disaster Management in Context
- Interdisciplinary Aspects of Emergency and Disaster Management
- Leadership in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Cultural, Social and Psychological Aspects of Emergency and Disaster Management
- Reflective Case Study
- Research Methodologies in Global Learning
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEmergency & Disaster Management View 10 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Cricos Code: 082431J
- Successful completion of a recognised Bachelor degree or equivalent, or a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma or equivalent in a relevant field.
- All HE applicants are required to demonstrate the minimum English language proficiency requirements for their chosen course of study.
- Where applicable, international applicants must also satisfy the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) English language proficiency (ELP) requirements for student visa applications.
- A police check is required before undertaking fieldwork and an Ochre Card is required for students who may be working with children under 18 years of age. Pre-fieldwork vaccinations may be required.
International31000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31000 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.