The Environmental Education and Communication (Blended) program at the Royal Roads University is for those interested in how education and communication can help develop environmentally sustainable social and economic systems.
Learning how we can educate and communicate to engage those in our workplaces, communities and nations towards such a goal involves all sectors of society– agriculture, health, governance, media, business, architecture, community development, science, education, recreation and more.
Graduates of this program will have good grounding in environmental studies and sustainability, learning theory, environmental education and communications, and educational program development.
Graduates return to their careers with a range of theoretical knowledge, analytical and communications skills, and competencies enabling them to employ a wide range of techniques and formats.
They are able to develop and implement innovative programs to provide students, clients and other audiences with science-based information and educationally-sophisticated approaches to current environmental issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing Environmental Understandings
- Foundations for Environmental Communication
- Learning Theory and Program Design
- Introduction to Academic Integrity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 5 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Communication Sciences Environmental Sciences View 33 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a related field, with a minimum GPA of 'B' (3.00/4.33), from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- At least two years of relevant work or volunteer experience.
- Applicants who meet the degree requirement, but not the GPA requirement, will normally be required to complete "Academic Writing and Critical Thinking" several weeks prior to starting the program and obtain a minimum final grade of B (73%).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8055 CAD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8055 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 5 months.
National6410 CAD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6410 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 5 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.