The Environmental Education and Communication (Blended) program at the Royal Roads University is for those interested in how education and communication can help develop environmentally sustainable social and economic systems.
Learning how we can educate and communicate to engage those in our workplaces, communities and nations towards such a goal involves all sectors of society– agriculture, health, governance, media, business, architecture, community development, science, education, recreation and more.
Graduates will return to their career with a range of theoretical knowledge and analytical and communications skills and competencies.
Graduates have the skills and knowledge to develop and implement innovative programs to provide students, clients and other audiences with science-based information, psychologically-sound strategies, and culturally-appropriate, philosophically-nuanced and educationally-sophisticated approaches to current environmental issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing Environmental Understanding
- Foundations for Environmental Communication
- Systems Perspectives
- Learning Theory and Program Design
- Psychological Dimensions of Environmental Education and Communication
- Worldviews, Ethics, and the Environment
- The Biosphere and Sustainability
- Approaches to Research in Environmental Education and Communication
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Communication Sciences Environmental Sciences View 33 other Masters in Communication Sciences in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Four-year (or comparable) undergraduate degree in a related field, with a minimum GPA of 'B' (3.00/4.33), from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- At least two years of relevant work or volunteer experience.
- Applicants who meet the degree requirement, but not the GPA requirement, will normally be required to complete "Academic Writing and Critical Thinking" several weeks prior to starting the program and obtain a minimum final grade of B (73%).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19140 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19140 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National15850 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15850 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.