The Taxation program offered by Boston University draws a broad range of students—from recent law school graduates to mid-career attorneys seeking new expertise to seasoned lawyers from both the public and private sectors, including many from the nation’s leading law and tax consulting firms. International students include practitioners, in-house counsel, academics, and government officials.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate:
- A foundational understanding of the US tax system and operational knowledge of US tax law and process.
- Understanding of US substantive and procedural tax law that is relevant to their tax specialty.
- An understanding of US tax discourse, case analysis, and legal reasoning in a tax context, and an overall awareness of how tax lawyers think.
- Skills in tax research and draftsmanship.
- Effective communication skills on sophisticated tax topics, both orally and in writing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Consolidated Corporations
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Elder Law
- Estate and Gift Taxation
- Estate Planning
- Estate Planning: Advanced
- Estate Planning & Drafting
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesTaxation View 93 other Masters in Taxation in United States
- Completed Application for Admission Form
- Application Fee: $85
- Official, Sealed Academic Records
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Law School Admissions Test
International55700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55700 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National55700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 55700 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.