From the moment you start Brunel University London’s International Journalism degree, you will learn to deliver high-quality video, audio, online and print journalism geared towards global audiences.
Course content is designed to equip you with digital, multi-platform journalism skills and advanced understanding of the context of journalism in the fast-changing world of news media.
You will study a synthesis of practical and theoretical skills modules contextualising different forms of journalistic practice, within a framework of technological, political and cultural change. This is challenging, employment-orientated study on a leading journalism course at a London university that focusses on international reporting.
You benefit greatly from our academic’s research strengths and excellent links with the journalism, broadcasting and publishing industries, with the option to seek a work placement during your time on the course.
Additionally, alumni and industry guest speakers will bring further insight and inspiration about what it means to work within global media.
You will also get plenty of hands-on training and practice in the University’s well-equipped media suite that mimics the recording and broadcast facilities used within the industry.
International Journalism MA will appeal to a broad range of candidates with an interest in journalism across all sectors, including print journalism, online journalism, radio journalism, TV journalism and especially in areas of convergence.
Careers and your future
As a graduate of International Journalism MA your skills will be well suited to a variety of roles within journalism, particularly those with an international context, such as:
- Reporters for international news agencies
- War and foreign correspondents
- Online journalists
- Magazine journalists
- Investigative journalists
- Content producers for mobile platforms
- Communication officer in non-government and private sector organisations
More informationVisit official programme website
- International Institutions
- Global News Analysis
- Major International Journalism Project
- Data Journalism
- Arts and Entertainment Journalism
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Journalism View 137 other Masters in Journalism in United Kingdom
- A 2:2 UK Honours degree, or equivalent internationally recognised qualification, and evidence of commitment to journalism as a career such as student journalism or work experience. Candidates with other qualifications will be considered with substantial prior journalism experience and assessed on an individual basis.
- Applicants will be required to attend an interview.
International17355 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17355 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9370 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9370 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.