The Public Health program offered at the University of Queensland is a 6-month program which lets you explore patterns of health and disease and develop skills to help minimise the number of people affected by preventable illness, disease, injury or death.
You'll benefit from a program that is evidence-based, comprehensive, and reflects UQ's strong links with organisations such as AusAID, the World Bank, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, and international ministries of health.
During your study, you'll complete 4 core courses from a range of different options. Core courses introduce topics and disciplines relevant to public health, including environmental health, health promotion, epidemiology, health systems, and biostatistics.
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Depending on which field you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Health promotion coordinator
- Public health nutritionist
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health worker
- Public health medical registrar
- Environmental health officer
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Health Promotion in Public Health
- Health Systems
- Social Perspectives in Public Health
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Health Sciences View 216 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
CRICOS CODE : 037400A
- An approved degree, or
- A post-secondary qualification and a minimum of 2 years full-time (or equivalent) work experience in a healthcare or public health setting.
A degree in one of the following disciplines would normally meet the 'approved degree' requirement:
- Behavioural and social sciences (Sociology, Psychology, Counselling)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Dentistry, Oral Health
- Development Studies
- Environmental Health
- Exercise and Sport Science
- Food Science
- Health Economics
- Health Management
- Medicine, Medical sciences
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health or Health Sciences
- Speech Therapy
- Veterinary Sciences.
International17384 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17384 AUD per year during 6 months.
National11919 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11919 AUD per year during 6 months.
Living costs for Brisbane
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.