The PG Certificate in Gerontology (Distance Learning) is a programme delivered completely online, offering you the opportunity to complete three modules in the area of ageing. The programme includes an introduction to the discipline of Gerontology and offers you options to specialise in topics such as health and wellbeing, poverty and social protection, and mental health. It allows you to consider a range of careers in the areas of health and social care, policy-making and research. Having successfully completed this programme, you are welcome to progress your studies to the MSc Gerontology (DL) programme.Gerontology is offered by University of Southampton.
Career and opportunities:
- critical appreciation of key theoretical perspectives in gerontology and their application to the analysis of issues concerning ageing and the life course
- understanding of contemporary debates in gerontology surrounding the lives of older people, their families and societies in developed and developing countries
- the ability to evaluate policies and initiatives concerning population ageing, welfare provision and quality of life of older people, their families and carers
- preparation for a career in the field of gerontology and applied health and social sciences
- Perspectives in Gerontology (DL)
- Researching Ageing Societies (DL)
- Poverty and Social Protection Around The World (DL)
- Mental Health and Ageing (DL)
- Ageing, Health & Well-Being (DL)
- Demographic Change, Ageing & Globalisation (DL)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 152 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- We welcome applications from students holding, or expecting to hold, a British bachelors (honours) upper second-class degree or higher, or equivalent.
- Students without the usual entry qualifications may be admitted, with the requisite approval, on the basis of relevant work experience or professional qualifications. Mature applicants without formal qualifications but with relevant experience are also welcomed and will be considered.
- For all applications, two academic references are required. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications until we have received both references.
International6040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6040 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time fees: UK/EU: £3,100
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!