The programme is delivered through Blackboard, the University's virtual learning environment (VLE), where all learning resources are available and accessible at all times by students. As for the face-to-face programme, students on the PG Diploma Gerontology (DL) take six modules, which include research methods training. Gerontology is offered by University of Southampton.
The aims of the programme are to provide you with:
- critical appreciation of key theoretical perspectives in gerontology and their application to the analysis of issues concerning ageing and the life course
- understanding of contemporary debates in gerontology surrounding the lives of older people, their families and societies in developed and developing countries
- the ability to evaluate policies and initiatives concerning population ageing, welfare provision and quality of life of older people, their families and carers
- competence in qualitative and quantitative research methods and their application to key research questions
An enhanced version of Blackboard is central to their learning experience, providing comprehensive support and guidance on how to use online resources that are key to the programme. All coursework is submitted through Blackboard.
- Perspectives in Gerontology
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Researching Ageing Societies
- Poverty and Social Protection Around The World
- Researching Ageing Societies
- Mental Health and Ageing
- Ageing, Health & Well-Being
- Demographic Change, Ageing & Globalisation
- Qualitative Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 249 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- We welcome applications from students holding, or expecting to hold, a British bachelors (honours) upper second-class degree or higher, or equivalent..
- Students without the usual entry qualifications may be admitted, with the requisite approval, on the basis of relevant work experience or professional qualifications. Mature applicants without formal qualifications but with relevant experience are also welcomed and will be considered.
- For all applications, two academic references are required. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications until we have received both references.
International12080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12080 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time fees: UK/EU: £3,100
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!