About Advanced Engineering Materials programme offered at University of Limerick
The specialist modules will allow students to become fully briefed in the material science and engineering associated with high strength materials used in the aero-industry or with techniques for materials and coatings selection design, together with the materials selection methods typically employed by engineering consultants. From this knowledge base, graduates could expect to work in many manufacturing sectors or consultancy or, to continue their education to PhD level.
The objectives of the Advanced Engineering Materials programme at University of Limerick are:
- To provide science, engineering and technology graduates with a competitive edge for a career in high technology manufacturing industries
- To provide graduates with analytical skills and knowledge which prepare them for careers in manufacturing, R & D or product / process design
- To develop graduates with excellence in Materials Science and Engineering capability to underpin National and International Industrial development
Graduates will typically pursue careers in manufacturing in metallurgical, ceramic, polymer and composite technologies related to a diverse range of manufacturing sectors e.g. aerospace components and engines (including repair), chemical processing and process plant, power generation plant and many other manufacturing Industries. M. Sc. graduates in Advanced Engineering Materials would also be expected to gain employment in consultancy, research and development, product and process development or quality control and assurance.
- Structure of Materials
- Advanced Characterisation of Materials
- Advanced Materials Processing
- Management Systems
- Electives (Choose One)
- Aerospace Metallic Materials
- Composite Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
EU Applicants: Early application is advisable.
DisciplinesProject Management Materials Science & Engineering View 24 other Masters in Project Management in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Qualification transcripts and/or certificates (including certified English translations if applicable)
- English language qualification(s) (if English is not your first language)
- A copy of your birth certificate (long document)
International16900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6700 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.