During the The Politics of Conflict and Violence programme offered at the University of Leicester by combining theoretical and empirical approaches, you will explore the politics, sites, logics, technologies and ethics of conflict and violence.
You will complete one core module - 'The Politics of Conflict and Violence' - then choose three option modules which, along with your chosen dissertation subject, allow you to focus on your preferred specialisms. You will have the opportunity to conduct advanced study on subjects which include:
- the politics of war and peace
- the politics of nuclear weapons and arms control
- humanitarian intervention
- the political legacies of conflict
- the changing character of war
- the nature and theoretical conceptualisation of violence
Careers and employability
Our postgraduate degrees are an excellent way to enhance your expertise and career prospects. A postgraduate course in politics and/or international relations provides a foundation for a wide range of career options. You may seek to use your knowledge to work in government service, international organisations or areas of political research and journalism. Or you may opt to look for employment in an unrelated field such as banking, business or teaching where your MA will be respected as a postgraduate qualification.
- The Politics of Conflict and Violence
- Critical War Studies
- American Interventionism after the Cold War
- Democracy and Legitimacy in the European Union
- Diplomatic Systems
- Intelligence: Key Concepts and Debates
- International Security
- Post Cold War World Order
- Theories of International Relations
- The International Politics of Protection
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSchool Counselling Political Science View 18 other Masters in School Counselling in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Leicester and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- 2:1 degree or equivalent in Politics, History, International Relations or another related subject.
- Equivalent relevant professional experience may be considered.
International9305 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9305 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9305 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9305 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.