On completion of the course, you will have a firm understanding of the increasingly important role that economics plays in competition law and an understanding of when economic analysis is needed for a particular competition law case. The Economics for Competition Law programme at King's College London has been specifically designed for economists and lawyers in private practice, in-house legal advisers and representatives from the national competition authorities.
- Gives an in-depth insight into the application of Economics to Competition Law.
- Course materials are written by experts in the field.
- Weekend seminars led by programme directors.
- Can be studied anywhere in the world.
- Hard copy study material with online additional support, traditional one year cohort
- Established programme with an enviable reputation in the sector and exceptional ratings by students.
This programme attracts a far reaching international cohort of economic and legal professionals. With its specific focus this programme gives the student the in-depth knowledge to progress in the field of competition law.Completing this rigorous programme will you give you a competitive edge in the job market. With its practical approach you can apply your expertise immediately to your work environment. You will also have opportunities to network with professionals in your area from all over the world. Programme graduates are mostly professionals who enjoy specialisation and promotion in their existing workplace or new employment destinations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of the Economics of Competition Law
- Economics of Articles 101 and 102
- Merger Analysis, state aid and empirical analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Legal Studies View 99 other Masters in Legal Studies in United Kingdom
- Applicants must normally hold a 2:1 undergraduate degree in law/economics/related discipline, or be a qualified barrister or solicitor.
- Applications from candidates who have achieved a comparable academic level through past studies and where previous study, work or experience has made the applicant a suitable candidate for admission may also be considered.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International6600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA6600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6600 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU fees: £3,330 per year
- Overseas fees: £3,330 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.