The health care system of the future must focus on greater efficiency and quality through improved technology, organization, and management. There is growing demand for new leaders who can find solutions to the problems we face, both now and in the future. A Master of Health Administration in Health Policy and Administration (MHA) at Pennsylvania State University can help you combine your health-related work experience with a strong business management education, expanding your qualifications for challenging leadership positions in health care and giving you the tools to lead change in a dynamic environment.
The rapid evolution of the health care environment through changes in population demographics, legislation, regulation, policy, and technology means that updating your education is no longer a luxury; it’s a necessity. If you have work experience in health care and want to enhance your applied business management skills, Penn State's online MHA program was designed for you. As an applicant to the program, you should have strong academic preparation, three or more years of full-time professional work experience (preferably in health care), and references from professional peers or supervisors who can attest to your commitment to the profession.
Steady job growth in health care is projected for the next several years. As a graduate of the program, you could obtain an administrative, management, or executive position in one of several health care-related organizations, including:
- hospitals and health systems
- medical group practices
- clinics and outpatient care centers
- home health care agencies
- skilled nursing facilities
- insurance companies
- consulting firms
- federal regulatory and public health agencies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Systems in Health Services Administration
- Population Health and Quality Management in Health Services Organizations
- Human Resource Management in Health Care Organizations
- Health Care Marketing
- Strategy Development and Project Management in Health Services Organizations
- Strategy Development in Health Services Organizations
- Health Law
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 362 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a tertiary (postsecondary) degree that is deemed comparable to a four-year bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- GPA and Test Scores — postsecondary (undergraduate), junior/senior (last two years) GPA is required. The program prefers an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- English Proficiency
- References (2)
- Personal Statement
- Essay 1 — Describe two specific goals you set for yourself and how successful you were in meeting them. What factors led to your accomplishment of each of these goals?
- Essay 2 — Describe a time when you set aside your own priorities to help someone at work. What were the circumstances? How did you assist them? What was the result? or Describe a time when you were supervising another person in a manner that expanded their capacity to work independently.
International48804 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 996 USD per credit during 12 months.
National48804 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 996 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.