By taking this course, you can expect to experience development in your knowledge, skills and relational capacities in practice. You can also expect to contribute to professional leadership, practice development and research and evaluation in your own agency and possibly beyond.
Assessment is made up of group or individual presentations and essays, both of which apply research, theory and social policy to your practice and the practices in your place of work. In one module, assessment will involve your reflections on a video you’ve made of your communication in practice. You need sufficient access to practice in residential child care settings through which you’ll evidence practice requirements. However, these requirements are broad enough to allow those in external management, training or other relevant positions to meet the requirements of the assessments.
Learning & teaching
You'll be encouraged to explore, challenge and build upon your existing knowledge and experience.
Classes may involve some lecture-style content, but will be mostly dialogical. Discussions will often be based on interrogating relevant research, theory and social policy as it relates to your practice. One module will also involve the use of video recording to enhance your communication skills and reflective capacities.
Scottish Social Services Council
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Perspectives on Residential Child Care
- Understanding and Assessing in Children's Life-spaces
- Ethical Leadership and Management in Residential Child Care
- Skilled and Reflective Use of Self in Residential Child Care
- Intervening Effectively in Residential Child Care
- Methods: Ethical and Effective Research in Residential Child Care
- Professional Enquiry in Residential Child Care: Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Social Work Early Childhood Education View 111 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class Honours degree or equivalent qualifications and experience. Applicants with HNC/SVQ3/SVQ4 qualifications will be asked to provide a supporting written assignment. Those with professional or academic qualifications other than social work will be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2400 GBP per year during 24 months.
National2400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2400 GBP per year during 24 months.
Rest of UK £2,400
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.