This postgraduate course is designed to help you examine the responsibilities of employers, contractors and construction professionals together with the problems raised by the complexities of construction, design liability and insurance. You will explore construction contracts and the law underpinning them, together with a wide range of standard form contracts to assess and manage risk.
During your studies, you will also study the complex issues arising from the multiparty nature of the construction process and the particular challenges of international construction, together with the uncertainties that can arise from the passage of time and latent defects.
The full MSc award is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), allowing exemption from their academic entry requirements, as well as ensuring that you are educated to the highest industry standards.
- Learn how to examine construction practice from a legal perspective, to include detailed consideration of construction contracts, tortious and multi-party liability, insurance, dispute resolution, procurement, and the environment
- Learn how to conduct and communicate legal analysis with confidence and accuracy in relation to any aspect of mainstream professional construction practice
- Be able to assist individuals in taking effective roles in specialist construction law departments or firms
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Common law underpinning construction contracts
- Source, rationale and nature of key terms (Scope, cost, quality, time, variation)
- Contract formation
- Implication of terms
- Mistake, frustration, breach, causation and loss
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You should submit your application at least one month before your course starts.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Legal Studies View 45 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
- This course is recommended for applicants looking to enhance current knowledge and gain specialism in the construction law and practice. Typically, you will have existing academic and/or professional background in the legal or built environment professions.
International1890 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1890 GBP per module and a duration of 24 months.
National1440 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1440 GBP per module and a duration of 24 months.
- per 30 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.