During the first year, students study the foundations of economics and quantitative analysis, whereas the second year is devoted to field courses that will expose them to recent developments at the frontier of economic research in a variety of topics. At the end of the second year students work on their final dissertation.
Besides taught courses, the curriculum also offers an internship programme with either economic research institutions located in the Milan area or within the University’s Department of Economics and Finance, where students are offered the opportunity of working as applied economists on real world economic issues, as well as meeting prospective employers.
Students of the Economics programme at Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore have so far found employment in household names such as World Bank, Bank of Italy, Eurizone, Deloitte, Oxford Policy Management, Intesa San Paolo, Chatham House. Those that preferred to pursue a career in academia are now completing their Ph.D. at Universitat Pompeu Fabra Barcelona, University of Nottingham, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, and Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore; this include winners of prestigious scholarships granted by the Bank of Italy.
Graduates will have the skills to perform in multiple professional roles:
- Management of relationships with public sector, regulatory bodies, international institutions.
- Execute tasks in banking and financial institutions;
- Offer consulting services in the economics, socio-demographic, financial and industrial svolgere attività di consulenza in ambito economico, socio-demografico, economico finanziario e industriale;
- Conduct research in the economic and social areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics for Economic Analysis
- Empirical Economics
- Statistical Modelling
- Public management
- Supply chain management
- Performance measurement
- Corporate governance and social responsibility
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
We strongly advise non-EU students residing abroad to apply by April 15, due to the restrictive and lengthy nature of visa application procedures.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Management, Organisation & Leadership View 90 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Strong background in economics and quantitative methods. Major in economics, mathematics, statistics, or business studies. We also welcome students with a strong quantitative background (Engineering, Physics) who want to strengthen their background in Economics.
- Applications from students who did not major in the previously mentioned subjects will also be evaluated. In these cases, submission of an official report for the GRE or the GMAT test with a satisfactory performance level in the quantitative sections would help increase their chances of admission
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8540 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8540 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA3600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3600 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- European residents: A student may pay from €3600 to a maximum of about €9000 per year. (depending on the family income)
The UCSC International Scholarship is an annual tuition fee reduction promoted by Università Cattolica in order to foster the access of international student to the degree programs. The discount covers about 30% of the total cost. Applicants are notified of the award by e-mail when they receive an offer for admission.
This scholarship is automatically extended from year to year for the normal duration of the degree program. Successful candidates must maintain full-time enrolment status in order to finish their degrees on time. Should the candidate be unable to graduate on the expected date, all additional costs will be at the student’s expense.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.