During the Forensic Science at The University of Strathclyde , you’ll join a global network of Strathclyde forensic science graduates in highly respected positions all over the world. In addition to preparing you for life as a forensic scientist, you’ll also graduate with a wide range of practical skills, problem solving and investigative thinking relevant to a wide range of careers.
You'll benefit from the expertise of our enthusiastic teaching staff who also conduct forensic science research and casework. Studying in the Centre for Forensic Science offers a unique experience, combining ‘case-based’ learning with research-led teaching.
Following the general introduction in semester 1, you can choose to specialise in either forensic biology or forensic chemistry. As a forensic biologist you’ll study a range of topics including:
- body fluid analysis
- blood pattern interpretation
- DNA profiling
- investigation of assaults and sexual offences
If you choose to specialise in forensic chemistry, you’ll develop expertise in:
- analysis of fires and explosives
- drugs of abuse
- alcohol and toxicology
Job titles include:
- Biology Casework Examiner
- Deputy Laboratory Director
- DNA Analyst
- Forensic Case Worker Examiner
- Forensic DNA Analyst
- Forensic Scientist
- Laboratory Analyst
- Medical Laboratory Assistant Histopathology
- Research & Development Chemist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional & Career Skills
- Essentials in Forensic Science
- Essentials of Forensic Science: Practical
- Practical Crime Scene Exercise
- Forensic Biology
- Forensic Chemistry
- Practical Examination in Optional Classes
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Forensic Science Criminology View 151 other Masters in Criminology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Minimum second class honours degree or international equivalent in a relevant science subject such as: Chemistry; Biology; Biochemistry; Pharmacy; Zoology; Botany. Prospective students with relevant industry experience are also welcome to apply. IELTS 6.5 is required for all non-English speakers for entry to the MSc programme, with a minimum of IELTS 5.5 for all components including speaking, listening, reading and writing
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International21850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21850 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Rest of £8,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.