Closely aligned with industry’s demands, this course meets the needs of: urban regeneration, land contamination management, environmental protection, infrastructure investment portfolios in Scotland and worldwide.
A distinctive feature of this Environmental Engineering course at The University of Strathclyde is its topical nature. Glasgow has been undergoing extensive urban regeneration, including building on land that's been contaminated in the past. You’ll have challenging 'real world' issues to study close to the University. From this experience, you'll become able to translate the principles of environmental engineering that you have learned into national and international context.
Graduates of the MSc in Environmental Engineering are widely scattered internationally in environmentally related jobs – including a large number of environmental and engineering consultancies, industry, local government and national and international regulatory agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Geochemistry
- Principles of Environmental Microbiology
- Qualitative & Quantitative Research Methods
- Site investigation & Risk Assessment
- Waste Management & Landfill Desgin + 7 elective modules
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 800 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Normally a first-class or second-class honours degree (or international equivalent) in engineering, earth sciences, environmental management, or a background in the chemical, physical, biological or mathematical sciences.
- Lower degree classifications may be considered if there is strength elsewhere (for example, relevant work experience, excellent final project/dissertation, very strong academic letter of reference, very strong application statement linking with career goals).
International21850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8850 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Rest of UK: £9,250 full time/£4,200 (distance learning per 60 credits)
- £21,850 (full-time) (International)
- £4,200 (distance learning per 60 credits) (International)
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.