- Practical. Work with professional actors who will perform your script in front of you, pitch your script to a panel of industry experts at the end of each key module, and receive professional script development support from leading UK film and TV production companies
- Comprehensive. Learn about writing for different platforms: film, television, web, radio and games
- Industry awareness. Learn from award-winning tutors and guest speakers with extensive professional experience as writers, directors, producers, showrunners and script developers for film, TV, radio, gaming and online
- Career-focused. Write a script for an external client while working together with other MA students on an industry-integrated project. Receive real-life screenwriting experience and improve your communication, teamworking and pitching skills
The graduates work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Screen Lab
- Screenwriting Boot Camp
- Feature Film, Genre and Audience
- Writing Across Platforms: TV, Online, Radio and Advertising
- The Business of Screenwriting
- Research and Project Methods
- Master’s Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Creative Writing Media Studies & Mass Media View 291 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Age: All applicants must be 18 years or older at the time the programme begins
- Education: A 2:1 honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent
Students with a degree below a 2:1 equivalent are still able to apply. They will need to submit the following in addition to support their application.
- A compulsory academic essay (750 – 1000 words)
- A compulsory academic essay (750-1000 words)
- A professional industry reference.
- A professional CV
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18000 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.