About the programme
The overall aim of the MSc in Accounting and Banking programme from Bangor University is to develop an integrated understanding of the role of banking and accounting for decision-making both inside and outside organisations. Students will undertake an advanced study of organisations, including financial institutions, their management, the role of accounting for internal and external users, and the changing external context in which they operate.
Students will develop the ability to apply their knowledge and understanding of accounting and banking to complex issues.
The programme provides preparation for a career in accounting or in financial institutions by developing skills at a professional level. Whilst graduates of a Masters programme in accounting and banking may obtain employment in a variety of related careers they will also appeal to a wide range of employers in management related areas. Some students would progress into further postgraduate research study in accounting or banking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Theory
- International Banking
- Research Methods
- Financial Analysis
- Advanced Financial Reporting
- Bank Financial Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
We would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake) or the end of October (for January intake).
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Banking and Investment View 270 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Candidates should have a good first degree of 2(ii) or higher or equivalent from a university or another approved degree-awarding body. Non-graduate qualifications deemed to be of a satisfactory standard for the purpose of postgraduate admission may also be considered. Work experience is desirable.
- Prior study of accounting (as part of the first degree, for example) or experience of working within the field of accounting is essential.
- If your native language is not English, you must provide satisfactory evidence that you have an adequate knowledge and understanding of written and spoken English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.