In this MArch/PgDip Advanced Architectural Design at The University of Strathclyde , you’ll appraise current theoretical approaches to architecture and urban design then assess and show their relevance in existing and proposed contexts. You’ll also develop and demonstrate formal and technical architectural ability.
If you obtain all diploma credits at first sitting you'll have the opportunity to proceed to Masters, thus converting your Diploma into a MArch. This requires an extra three months of study.
Career opportunities for Architecture graduates range from working in large multidisciplinary practices to smaller specialist firms.
Many of our graduates are employed by highly respected practices throughout the world, while others have set up their own businesses.
The Department has a growing reputation for developing entrepreneurial graduates who go on to make their mark in the sector independently in practices such as Page and Park, Tog Studio and Lateral North.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Studies 4A and 4B- To Care
- Design Studies 4B - To Care
- Cultural Studies 4. Elective Classes: Special Study Project 4
- Design Studies
- Cultural Studies 5
- Professional Studies 5
- Dissertation Project
- Mentoring and Architectural Pedagogy
- The History and Theory of Architectural Conservation
- The Theory of Architectural Conservation
- Urban Design History
- Urban Theory
- Urban Landscape Design
- International Workshop
- Cultural and Behavioural Factors in Architrecture and Urbanism
- Building Information Management
- Theory of Conservation
- Architectural and Construction History
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications.
- Postgraduate Diploma - 120
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Urban Planning View 123 other Masters in Urban Planning in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Normally a first or second-class Honours degree in Architecture from a UK/EU university. Students with a degree from an overseas university should apply for the MArch Architectural Design (International).
- An academic portfolio will be required containing all relevant design work from your previous course of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18950 GBP per year during 24 months.
Rest of UK: £9,250 per year
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.