An Individualised Approach
Neuroscience and cognition trains you to become a multidisciplinary neuro and/or cognition scientist, fully equipped to face the challenges of modern research in the interdisciplinary field of neuroscience and cognition.
With ample knowledge of the scope of brain and cognitive functioning, you will be prepared to join an international research team investigating the most complex organ of our body. Sounds appealing? The Neuroscience and Cognition programme at Utrecht University might be a perfect fit!
Pick Experimental and Clinical Neuroscience or Cognitive Neuroscience as your track of choice and explore fundamental principles and techniques.
You get to work in multidisciplinary teams together with students from various bachelor backgrounds such as Biomedical Sciences, Neuro- and Cognitive Psychology, Linguistics, or Artificial Intelligence.
An ideal preparation for future research positions in public and private research institutes! After the 10-week introductory course Fundamentals of Neuroscience and Cognition, you will determine an individualised study path with the assistance of the track coordinator, consisting of quality internships, electives and a writing assignment.
Why You Should Study Neuroscience And Cognition At Utrecht University
- It offers a unique combination of clinical and preclinical neuroscience and cognition
- Over 200 principal investigators participate and offer research projects and supervision
- Keep up with the latest developments in human and rodent functional neuroimaging, deep-sequencing of human genetic material and other state-of-the-art techniques
- Two extensive research projects provide the possibility to learn and train several techniques and topics, and offers the best route to become a successful PhD student.
A Master’s degree in Neuroscience and Cognition offers you many career prospects. Graduates continue on to universities and research institutes, teaching hospitals, and the pharmaceutical industry.
They may hold policy and management positions in the science, industry, and healthcare sectors.
In general, graduates will find employment in/at:
- Teaching hospitals (disease-oriented research)
- Research institutes (fundamental research in the various areas of the neurosciences)
- Pharmaceutical industry (research and development)
- Science, industry, and healthcare sectors (policy and management positions, applied science and design)
- Clinical settings (neuropsychologist, clinical physicist)
Accredited by the NVAO - Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic FMRI Analysis
- Bioinformatics in Neuroscience: a Web-based Approach
- Communication in Neuroscience
- Essentials of Neuroscience
- Ethology and Welfare
- Fundamentals of Neuroscience and Cognition
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNeuroscience Cognitive Sciences Linguistics View 41 other Masters in Linguistics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree. Bachelor’s programmes that most likely meet the requirements are: Biology, Physics, Psychology, Artificial Intelligence, Linguistics, Biomedical Sciences, Medicine, Veterinary Sciences and/or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Relevant knowledge, insight and skills. In depth knowledge and insight in the field of neuroscience and/or cognition.
- Academic performance: overall score (GPA, average grade, grading tables), and grades for relevant courses.
- High level of academic competences.
- Personal competences.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20715 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20715 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.