In the Librarianship programme from the University of Sheffield , you'll be introduced to the best current thinking and practice needed to enter this fast developing sector. You'll learn core competencies in IT, management and information handling, together with a wide range of specialisms.
- Library and information professionals need strong information handling, managerial and interpersonal skills, plus an understanding of the power of technology to transform information services provision.
- They must also have the imagination, commitment and enthusiasm to play a part in the exciting changes taking place in the fast-developing information world.
- This course is accredited by CILIP
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management for Library and Information Services
- Information Organisation
- Information Literacy
- Libraries, Information and Society
- Research Methods and Dissertation Preparation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Technology View 232 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You’ll need at least a good 2:2 in any subject and work experience would be helpful, but it is not a necessity.
- If you do not have an undergraduate degree but have other qualifications and substantial relevant work experience you may be considered for entry onto the Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma courses.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.