This Work and Organisational Psychology programme from the University of Nottingham aims to provide you with:
- a broad knowledge of work and organisational psychology as a professional discipline; the key theoretical and research models used within work and organisational psychology; and the role of the work and organisational psychologist as educator, researcher and practitioner
- the skills to evaluate critically and appraise theories and research within work and organisational psychology
- the knowledge of the main areas of work and organisational psychology
- a grounding in research skills appropriate to future work in an organisational settings
- a grounding in the social, organisational and consulting skills required in practice
- a grounding in the application skills required for both research and professional practice in the core areas of work and organisational psychology
- the skills to design and conduct independent research within organisational context
Careers and professional development
This course offers a potential platform for careers in occupational psychology, management, consulting, HR, research and academia.
Programme directors will be happy to provide general information about career prospects in relation to their courses and to advise you on the most appropriate course depending upon the career path you have in mind. Together with the University's Centre for Career Development (CCD), we will help you plan your future.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction in Research Methods
- Employee Relations and Motivation
- Organisations, Stress and Health
- Workplace Counselling and Career Development
- Ergonomics, work design, health and safety
- Consultancy Skills Workshop
- Occupational Selection and Assessment
- Organisational Development and Change
- Training in Organisations
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 731 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
- 2.1 (Upper 2nd class hons degree or international equivalent)
- Your first degree should be in psychology or include psychology modules or you should have studied psychology as a minor subject.
International Applies to you23175 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23175 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA Applies to you9045 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9045 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.