TheS ocial Work MA programme at Bangor University must satisfy the requirements of Soclal Care Wales’ ‘Framework for the Degree in Social Work in Wales, and successful completion of the programme enables students to register as qualified professional social workers. To enable us to deliver a programme of this nature, we work closely with Gwynedd, Ynys Môn and Conwy local authorities, who provide most of the placements for our students.The modules and practice learning opportunities are designed to provide students with the required knowledge, skills and values to prepare them for practice as newly qualified social workers.
- Condensed timetable of 2-3 days per week
- High level of support
- Practice placements arranged for you
- Jobs available at the end of the course
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Knowledge and Skills Base for Social Work
- Social Policy for Social Work Practice
- The Life Course
- Values and Ethics for Social Work Practice
- Law for Social Work
- The Research Process
- Practice Placement
- The Literature Review
- Social Work with Adults
- Social Work with Children, Young People and Families
- The Social Work Dissertation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 250 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
- At least 6 months (FTE) relevant social care or equivalent experience
- Grade C GCSE at least or equivalent qualification in Maths and English/Welsh first language
- Offers for places on the course are based on a satisfactory face-to-face interview of applicants that meet the admissions criteria.
- Speaking & Listening Welsh language skills required
- It is a requirement that all students accepted onto the programme successfully complete an Enhanced DBS check, and are able to register with Social Care Wales.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.