The Social Work MA at Bangor University is informed by the QAA Benchmarks for Social Work (QAA), and the National Occupational Standards for Social Work (Social Care Wales) and complies with the requirements of Social Care Wales as Wales’s social work regulators.
We work in close partnership with Gwynedd, Ynys Môn and Conwy local authorities, who host and provide placements for students on the programme.
After qualifying, there will be opportunities to take up posts in a wide range of health or social care settings, often working alongside other professionals in multidisciplinary teams. Our links with employers mean that most years all our graduates secure employment contracts before completing their studies. Over the last 3 years, 100% of our graduates became employed as social workers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Knowledge and Skills Base for Social Work
- Social Policy for Social Work Practice
- The Life Course
- Values and Ethics for Social Work Practice
- Law for Social Work
- The Research Process
- Practice Placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology View 539 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- At least 6 months (FTE) relevant social care or equivalent experience
- Grade C GCSE at least or equivalent qualification in Maths and English/Welsh first language
- Offers for places on the course are based on a satisfactory face-to-face interview of applicants that meet the admissions criteria.
- Speaking & Listening Welsh language skills required
- It is a requirement that all students accepted onto the programme successfully complete an Enhanced DBS check, and are able to register with Social Care Wales.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.