The course reflects Bangor’s highly regarded research activity at the leading edge of electronic engineering.
The MSc will provide relevant, up-to-date skills that enhance the engineering competency of its graduates and allows a broader knowledge of electronic engineering to be acquired by studying important emerging technologies, such as, optoelectronics, bioelectronics, polymer electronics and micromachining.
All graduates of this course will have skills and knowledge in the techniques and ideas of modern electronic systems, with a particular emphasis on the influence of nanotechnology on their design.
You will also have developed scientific and engineering skills specific to your particular module choices, from the design of multi-million gate digital circuits to modelling communication systems and optoelectronic devices which are of immediate applicability in technical industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Sensor Systems
- Broadband Comms Systems
- Advanced Optical Communication
- Mobile Communications Systems
- RF & Optical MEMS
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake).
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 126 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- This degree is aimed at candidates who have gained an Honours degree in Electronic Engineering, Physics or a related scientific discipline, at a 2.ii level or higher or the international equivalent. Applicants with initial degrees in other disciplines will be considered on an individual basis, with the assessment based on the applicant’s potential to succeed on, and benefit from, the course.
- Applicants from overseas must in addition demonstrate competence in English to level IELTS 6.0 overall and no element under 5.5. An appropriate ELCOS (Bangor University English Language School) pre-sessional course may be taken to achieve the required English language level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.