Upon completing of the Broadband and Optical Communications programme offered by the Bangor University , students will have a detailed understanding of the current practices and directions in this topic, and will be able to apply them to the task of continuing the roll-out of advanced communication services across the globe.
Graduates of the Broadband and Optical Communications programme offered by the Bangor University can expect to find employment in the fast-developing communications industry, from local-loop service providers to backhaul network companies.
You will have advanced skills in the analysis and design of broadband communi-cation systems and components, with a particular emphasis on optical communications. These skills will be immediately applicable in the ever-growing communications industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Optical Communication
- Nano-Elec & High-Speed Design
- Broadband Comms Systems
- Research Methods & Study Skill
- Mobile Communications Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June.
DisciplinesPhysics Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 756 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- This degree is aimed at candidates who have gained an Honours degree in Electronic Engineering, Physics or a related scientific discipline, at a 2.ii level or higher or the international equivalent.
- Applicants with initial degrees in other disciplines will be considered on an individual basis, with the assessment based on the applicant’s potential to succeed on, and benefit from, the course.
- Applicants from overseas must in addition demonstrate competence in English
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18300 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.