Semesters one and two comprise a range of lecture, seminar, practical and research techniques modules covering key cutting edge topics of modern medical molecular biology and genetics.
The summer semester consists of a laboratory based research project and dissertation.
Careers and Employability
Successful graduates from the Medical Molecular Biology with Genetics MSc will have developed subject-specific theoretical knowledge, practical laboratory experience and a set of transferable skills required to independently adapt and optimize scientific methodologies, critically interpret and evaluate self-generated and published scientific literature and data and undertake a predominantly self-reliant approach to laboratory based work, study and research.
These skill sets will greatly facilitate progression onto PhD level studies in medical molecular research or employment in molecular diagnostics/medical sciences industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Molecular Genetics
- Human Immunology & Disease
- Research Skills
- Laboratory Molecular Research
- Molecular Diagnostics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake) or the end of October (for January intake).
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Genetics View 899 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- English language: IELTS level of 6.0 (or equivalent) with no single element lower than 5.5.
- Academic: qualification equivalent to a UK 2(ii) BSc degree in a relevant subject area; e.g. molecular biology, biology, biochemistry, medical sciences or Biomedical sciences. Applications also considered with evidence of relevant work experience and possession of other suitable professional or academic qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.