A primary objective of the MBA Banking and Finance is to develop knowledgeable and capable executives to move quickly to key positions in the financial services sector.
The programme will provide executive training at an advanced level covering the latest developments in the management of banks and financial services firms.
Postgraduates have enjoyed a mix of both theoretical and practical elements covering contemporary developments in the banking and financial field. The MBA aims to extend and develop advanced training relating to the practical managerial issues faced by modern financial service firms.
Aims of the course
The Bangor Business School aims to build on our long-established expertise in the area of postgraduate training in banking and finance by offering a one-year modular MBA Banking and Finance, which aims to develop participants’ academic and managerial skills in these areas.
An important objective is to provide relevant analytical training to familiarise participants with the latest strategic, managerial and industrial developments in the financial services industry.
The MBA Banking and Finance course at Bangor University provides a coherent analytical framework for the study of banking and financial developments from a management perspective.
The emphasis throughout the programme is on the application of contemporary, financial, managerial and strategic developments that affect real-world decision-making in the global financial industry.
We recognise that a thorough understanding of recent developments in banking and financial firm strategies, financial management, risk management, international financial markets, marketing strategies and performance evaluation are essential requirements for all those involved in financial sector activities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The main aim of our full-time MBA is to introduce a much stronger practical emphasis focussing on the strategies and financial management of financial firms.
- Your MBA will give you practical insight and skills in a range of strategic and management areas in financial services.
- We invite practitioners to share their views and experiences.
- Case studies and contemporary issues figure highly in the programme.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- The University will accept applications throughout the year, but we would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June (for September intake) or the end of October (for January intake).
DisciplinesFinance Accounting Master in Business Administration (MBA) View 272 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We welcome applications from good graduates in relevant disciplines and from those with equivalent professional qualification and work experience.
- A 2(ii) honours degree or higher is required, or equivalent overseas qualification and grade. Alternatively, possession of a suitable professional qualification and practical experience may also be accepted.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.