The Architectural Design (International) course at The University of Strathclyde runs parallel to the MArch/Pg Diploma in Advanced Architectural Design. It shares the same curriculum so you’ll join students on this course in an exciting and challenging environment.
You’ll develop skills in advanced design, analysis and architectural critique designing complex buildings in a variety of contexts and addressing social, cultural and environmental issues.
This course demands a high level of design ability and self-motivation.
Career opportunities for Architecture graduates range from working in large multidisciplinary practices to smaller specialist firms.
Many of our graduates are employed by highly respected practices throughout the world, while others have set up their own businesses.
The department has a growing reputation for developing entrepreneurial graduates who go on to make their mark in the sector independently in practices such as Page and Park, Tog Studio and Lateral North.
The course carries RIBA Part 2 exemption.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Studies 4A and 4B- To Care
- Design Studies 4B - To Care
- Cultural Studies
- Special Study Project 4. Year 2 Compulsory Classes: Design Studies
- Cultural Studies
- Professional Studies
- Dissertation Project
- Mentoring and Architectural Pedagogy
- The History and Theory of Architectural Conservation
- The Theory of Architectural Conservation
- Urban Design History
- Urban Theory
- Urban Landscape Design
- International Workshop
- Cultural and Behavioural Factors in Architrecture and Urbanism
- Building Information Management
- Theory of Conservation
- Architectural and Construction History
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
- PgDip - 120 credits
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 269 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Normally a first or second-class Honours degree in Architecture, or equivalent agreed academic standard. This course is aimed at Students who have gained their first degree in architecture from a university overseas.
- Students with a degree in architecture from an UK/EU university should apply for the MArch Advanced Architectural Design. An academic portfolio will be required containing all relevant design work from your previous course of study
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18950 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8850 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Rest of UK: £9,250
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.