The purpose of the degree programme is to give you general knowledge of European conditions, political as well as historical and cultural, to build on the insight you gained in your BA studies.
Work internationally and interculturally
With a European Studies programme from Aarhus University , you are qualified to analyse, understand and work with both European diversity and everything that brings Europeans together. European Studies is an interdisciplinary and multicultural degree programme and therefore prepares you to work in international organisations, large corporations and in public administration.
Why European Studies?
Europe is becoming more and more important for the individual. Europeans are becoming more closely connected, and the EU is becoming an integrated part of both national and international politics. In European Studies, you learn to analyse the many problems and possibilities inherent in the European collaboration and Europe in general. You deal not only with EU institutions but also with analyses of cultural, social and political processes in Europe, and the question of what Europe really is.
A Master’s degree in European Studies gives you a European perspective that you can use in many different contexts:
- International organisations: You can work in European and international institutions, for example, or different interest groups.
- Political institutions: You can work in the EU or in Danish institutions such as the Danish Parliament and regional authorities.
- Teaching: You can communicate your knowledge of European matters at universities, evening classes, folk high schools, upper secondary schools, etc.
- Research and Projects: You can plan and carry out qualitative projects and research on behalf of public and private sector companies.
- The media: You can relay your knowledge of European matters via TV, radio, newspapers and books.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- European Identities
- Political Institutions of the EU
- Applied Qualitative Research Methods
- Europe in the World
- The Borders of Europe and the EU
- EU Flashpoints
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInternational Relations European Studies View 3 other Masters in European Studies in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Access to the Master’s Programme in European Studies at Aarhus University requires successful completion of a relevant BA degree within Humanities or Social Sciences (e.g. Cultural Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, History, International studies, European studies, Political science, Media studies, Philosophy).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Aarhus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.