Each year, 40 students receive the unique opportunity to study at the world-wide renowned Graduate School of the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT).
Industry Cooperations - Advantages for KSOP Students
The Optics and Photonics degree taught at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) prepares students for an academic as well as for an industrial career path. Therefore the close cooperation to industry partners is of high value for KSOP students.
By gaining experiences in well-known international companies via internships or master´s thesis projects, students can prepare for their professional path and get in contact with future employers. KSOP offers a lot of events and trainings to open students possibilities in the German labour market, e.g.
Practical Experiences & Industry Insights
- Gain experiences in international companies in Germany while completing at least one internship in the industry
- KSOP encourages students to write their master´s thesis at a partner company to build up a network of possible future employers
- Excursions to industry partners
- Cooperative lectures of company representatives
- Optical Systems
- Biomedical Photonics
- Solar Energy
- Quantum Optics & Spectroscopy
- Photonic Materials & Devices
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Physics Mechanical Engineering View 84 other Masters in Physics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Copy of your Bachelor Degree (if the Bachelor degree is not yet available at the closing date for applications but will be completed before the registration, you can apply with a preliminary transcript of records)
- CV in English
- Letter of Motivation (no longer than one page)
- 2 Recommendation Letters At least one recommendation letter from a professor of your current university is needed. Please forward this form for recommendation letters to the referees.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 153.69 EUR/semester (administrative contribution)
Living costs for Karlsruhe
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.