By analysing how lifestyle affects food and nutrition, the vested interests of the food industry and the role of food and nutrition in disease, you will gain a solid understanding of current issues, enabling you to make a positive difference in a variety of nutrition-related roles around the world.
With this Nutrition in Practice programme from Leeds Beckett University you will develop a range of practical skills, including the ability to devise programmes for interventions, secure funding from commissioners and report your findings to wider audiences. By working face-to-face with community groups, you will understand how to successfully engage with clients and influence behaviour change using websites, media presentations, workshops and social media.
Our links with employers in the field of nutrition will ensure you have an opportunity to integrate work experience alongside your academic study, enhancing your employability and enabling you to meet the Association for Nutrition competencies to become a registered associate nutritionist upon graduation.
Your future job options are varied and can meet your own professional interests. You could work in nutritional research at a charity, in the food industry with a major retailer, or in international public health delivering nutrition programmes. Other options are also available to you in public health departments, local government, the NHS, consultancy work, specialist service provision or in the media.
- Community Development Worker
- Nutrition Researcher
- Food Industry Nutritionist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Enterprise in Public Health Nutrition
- Food Systems & Policy
- Lifestyle Disease & Social Context
- Nutrition Advances in Practice
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Research & Practice Development
- Research Methods for Nutrition
- Professional & Collaborative Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most courses don't have fixed application deadlines. But, our courses are popular - they can fill up quickly. It's best to apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 119 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should either have at least a second class honours degree in the cognate subjects of Clinical Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Sports Science, Sports & Exercise Science, Nutrition, Health or Psychology, at least a second class honours degree in a non-cognate subject supported by evidence of an aptitude for the subject applied for, or have equivalent experience or training, normally from within the work environment. All applications should be supported by a reference; you can download our reference template for completion. All applicants should satisfy our University English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PT UK: £833 for each 20 credit point module
- Part-time rates for international students are not automatically displayed as there are specific visa requirements which generally limit students to study in the UK on a full-time basis.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.