You will learn the methods for constructing computer programmes, including theoretical foundations and the practical ability to develop products and systems. During the programme, you will meet prominent guest lecturers from the industry and guest lecturers from other universities.
The Computer Science programme at KTH Royal Institute of Technolog starts with mandatory courses in advanced algorithms, artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer security, internet protocols, and research methodology to give you an insight into different areas of computer science. In the second semester, you choose one of the eight specialisations to gain in-depth knowledge in a field of computer science. The specialisations are closely connected to the department’s world-class research groups.
The master's programme in Computer Science focuses on the acquisition of skills necessary for a career at the frontline of modern software technology. Graduates have found work at companies such as Google (USA, Switzerland), Spotify, Oracle, Ericsson, Dice and Accenture.
The programme also prepares students for a career in research or continued studies towards a doctoral degree. Former students have continued their studies on doctoral level in among other Sweden, US, Germany, Russia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy of Science and Research Methodology for Computer Scientists
- Program Integrating Course in Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Security
- Advanced Algorithms
- Protocols and Principles of the Internet
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Software Engineering Machine Learning View 64 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A bachelor’s degree corresponding to 180 ECTS credits, or equivalent, including courses in:
- Mathematics: three different subjects of a total of 22,5 ECTS. Among those subjects there must be a course in one-variable calculus, a course in linear algebra and a course in discrete structures.
- Computer Science/Information Technology: three different subjects of a total of 22,5 ECTS. Among those subjects there must be a course in object oriented programming, a course in algorithms and data structures and a course in computational complexity.
- A course in calculus in several variable (i.e. SF1626) is required for some of the tracks.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15235 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30471 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- SEK 310,000 per full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.