With this liberty comes responsibility though. At our institute we expect students to be highly self- supportive and capable of managing all tasks that apply to a fulltime Master of Music study.
In our additional Master of Music at does Fontys University of Applied Sciences we aim to offer you courses that will not only help you in developing your musical skills, but also educate you in abilities a contemporary artist needs in a rapidly evolving artistic landscape. The research and personal and professional development program are designed for this education and we hope you will be able to connect these courses to your artistic plan. In this way, your performance exam will not only be a wonderful artefact, but this also will have a strong contextual basis supporting it.
Besides developing your performance skills and learn about the context of your artistry by doing research, it is also important to be prepared for a career in music. To become a professional musician, we think you need skills that can help you on a practical and personal level.
The joint Master of Music programme at Fontys and the Maastricht Academy of Music has been accredited by the NVAO, the organization for accreditation in higher education in the Netherlands and Flanders.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chamber music performance
- Orchestral part performance
- Artistic Research profile
- Personal Performance Training
- Study career coaching: Prerecital portfolio assessment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
Audition dates: March 9-13; April 20-24; June 8-12
DisciplinesMusic View 18 other Masters in Music in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Prerequisite for admission is a Bachelor of Music degree or equivalent.
- After your application to the Master of Music, you will be invited for an audition and an interview. The practical audition forms the core of your admission to the program.
- In addition, all applicants must submit a personal development plan, sketching their professional plans for the upcoming years of study.
International10140 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10140 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2143 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2143 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.