This MSc Ship and Offshore Structures at University of Strathclyde is designed for graduate engineers in naval architecture, offshore engineering, mechanical engineering and other related disciplines.
You'll be introduced to ultimate strength, fatigue and design concepts for structural components of ships and offshore floating systems. You'll also gain the knowledge of material behaviour together with factors influencing the dynamic behaviour of offshore installations.
The Department of Naval Architecture, Ocean & Marine Engineering (NAOME), a leading institution in Scotland, offers excellent teaching and research facilities, which will expand your career opportunities in naval architecture, marine, offshore oil and gas industries.
Your course is made up of three components:
- instructional modules
- group project
- individual project (MSc only)
Career destinations include:
- Naval Architect
- Marine Engineer
- Graduate Engineer
- Marine Surveyor
- Offshore Renewables Engineer
- Project Engineer
This course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Naval Architects (RINA) and The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology, (IMarEST) on behalf of the UK Engineering Council.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Risers & Mooring Lines
- Dynamics of Floating Offshore Installations
- Reliability-based Marine Structural Design Including Plated Structures
- Finite Element Analysis of Floating Structures
- Advanced Marine Structures
- Computational Modelling of Problems in Structural Mechanics
- Materials Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
There’s no formal closing date for postgraduate applications
- Postgraduate Diploma - 120
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Marine Engineering View 41 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- BEng with First, or Second Class (Upper Division) Honours or equivalent overseas qualification.
- Applicants with marginally lower qualifications will be considered for the Postgraduate Diploma in the first instance. Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20900 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8100 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- Rest of UK: £9,250
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.