This is a distance learning course for those who hold the University of Sheffield 's Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) with 120 valid credits.
The Applied Professional Studies in Education programme at University of Sheffield will build on your PGDE learning, helping you to gain all the skills necessary to conduct a masters-level dissertation study in your own professional context.
- We teach this course through a series of Saturday study schools. You’ll also have one-to-one support for your dissertation from a personal tutor.
- During the study schools you’ll explore practitioner research methodologies, develop your project, and share and debate ideas in a supportive environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme is taught via a number of Saturday study schools (two of which are compulsory), as well as individual dissertation supervision and support via email, Skype, phone calls or personal visits.
- During the study schools, you will explore a range of issues in practitioner-research methodologies and the development of students' projects, along with opportunities to share and debate ideas with a community of academics and peers. This is complemented by structured and targeted online materials on research methods and methodologies, as well as individual supervision from a personal tutor.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Early Childhood Education View 117 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You will need Qualified Teacher Status and the University of Sheffield's PGDE with 120 valid credits, or the equivalent.
- Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
- We also accept a range of other UK qualifications and other EU/international qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6650 GBP per year during 12 months.
National3000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.