You will gain comprehensive knowledge of essential topics including the dynamics of financial markets, the causes and effects of financial risk and professional practices for measuring and managing portfolio risk. You can also choose optional modules allowing you to specialise in areas such as accounting, international banking and security investment analysis.
Learning from highly qualified teaching staff involved in world-class research in financial risk management, you will test your knowledge in genuine business scenarios during practical case study exercises and simulations. Thanks to our excellent links with industry and commerce, you will gain an understanding of the latest challenges in financial markets worldwide.
Graduates of this Financial Risk Management course at University of Leeds are equipped with the skills and knowledge to pursue a range of career options within finance, including risk management, credit risk analysis, derivatives, insurance and finance research.
Previous graduates have gone on to work for a variety of financial institutions, investment banks, regulators and standard setters, international insurers, asset managers, underwriters and investment funds.
This degree is also an excellent qualification for individuals seeking to pursue further postgraduate research.
- Portfolio Risk Management
- Corporate Finance
- Applied Finance
- Financial Modelling and Analysis
- Financial Derivatives
- Accounting and Finance Dissertation
- Critical Skills for the Finance Professional
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Stage 1: 23 December
- Stage 2: 29 February
- Stage 3: 24 April
DisciplinesFinance Risk Management Actuarial Science View 127 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United Kingdom
- A bachelor degree with a 2:1 (hons) in a relevant subject such as accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, physics, or engineering.
- You should have a strong grounding in quantitative subjects with high scores in these subjects.
Documents and information you’ll need
- A copy of your degree certificate and transcript, or a partial transcript if you’re still studying
- Two academic references
- A personal statement
- An up-to-date CV
- Your approved English Language test
- A letter of sponsorship, if you need one.
We award a range of scholarships to UK, EU and international students. Scholarships are available to candidates who can demonstrate an excellent academic record and show excellent professional and personal skills.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.