During Illustration programme of Ravensbourne University London you will explore the roles of illustration today and its wide-ranging professional applications moving forward. You will experiment across narrative and storytelling methods, which will enable you to present and reposition information in a strategic, accessible and engaging fashion.
You will examine complex knowledge, data and information and bring it to life with empathy, which will free you to tell stories that need to be told and ensure that no message is lost in translation.
As it crosses so many creative boundaries, there are unparalleled opportunities for contemporary illustrators to work with time-based, sequential and narrative forms including graphic design, advertising and publishing, fashion and product design, animation and games design.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Key study topics
- How creative narrative and storytelling methods can be used to make complex information accessible
- Expanded models of professional illustration, including collaborative, interdisciplinary, facilitation and commercial practices
- The use of illustration to foster community, facilitate dialogue, witness and document human experience and knowledge
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 452 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
- First or upper second class honours degree (or equivalent non-UK qualifications) in a relevant subject, or an equivalent professional qualification in a related subject area.
- If you are applying directly from an undergraduate degree course without experience or professional practice you must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of your chosen subject area.
- In order to be eligible for a course, you will need to be a competent speaker and writer of English. This also applies if you are from the European Union, or if you're from a country outside the EU.
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.