Why this programme
- The Art History: Dress and Textile Histories programme introduces you to specialist in-house staff and visiting experts in curation, costume design and making, and the wider heritage sector, demonstrating how dress and textile histories may be studied and applied professionally.
- Glasgow is the ideal city in which to study dress & textile history because of its vibrant local textile heritage and close links to national institutions. You will have the chance to engage with and learn from locally and nationally significant collections including the Scottish Business Archives at the University of Glasgow, Glasgow Museums and National Museums Scotland.
- The core and optional courses give you the opportunity to conduct archival and object-based study for a range of chronological periods, offering hands-on experience and practical research skills.
- The work placement option enables you to develop your professional expertise within the heritage sector.
The attributes you gain will be attractive to employers from museums, the heritage sector, art dealers and auction houses. You could also get into theatre, film and television production as a costume researcher/designer. The programme also offers an excellent foundation upon which to progress to PhD studies and an academic career.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Framing Dress and Textile Histories
- Research Methods in Practice
- Museums and the Making of Dress and Textile Histories
- The Birth of Modern Fashion? Textiles and Dress, 1680 - 1815
- Understanding Textiles
- Victorian Visions: Dress and Textiles c.1837-1901
- Material Cultures
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Art History Fashion Design View 70 other Masters in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
A minimum 2.1 in History of Art or a related subject is required.You should also submit:
- a writing sample of 2000-3000 words
- a CV
- a personal statement
International18920 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18920 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time fee: £944 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.