Why study the Sport and Exercise Science and Medicine course at the University of Glasgow?
NUMBER 1 in the UK for Sport Science (Guardian University Guide UK 2020)
The aim of this programme is to merge sport and exercise medicine and sport and exercise science within a single degree programme providing a broad range of options across these disciplines.
Benefit from access to the facilities and resources of the National Stadium Sports, Health and Injury Clinic at Hampden Park, a custom-built, state-of-the-art sports medicine facility.
Develop and enhance your skills in:
- Literature searching and critically evaluating relevant scientific evidence
- Application of knowledge to novel concepts and situations
- Experimental design
- Research methods and ethics
- Data handling and statistics
- Interpretation and evaluation of experimental data
- Scientific writing
- Oral presentations
Access state-of-the-art facilities to study performance and health aspects of sport and exercise science, from the whole body to the molecular level. These include advanced exercise laboratories, metabolic investigation suites and a molecular biochemistry lab. We are the best equipped exercise science group for laboratory facilities in Scotland.
Opportunities for internships (in place of a research project) may be available for some students since the University has close links with a number of regional/national sporting bodies and professional sporting clubs.
Guest lecture staff provide interactive sessions in their specialist fields.
The flexibility of this programme will provide you with many career opportunities.
These include working in clinical exercise, health-promotion or in sports science support.
A number of our graduates are employed in senior sports science positions with national sporting bodies and professional sports clubs.
This programme also allows doctors and physiotherapists to aid their knowledge.
For science graduates, there are opportunities in rehabilitation and higher education. It also provides an excellent basis if you wish to pursue PhD level research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Evidence-Based Biomedical Research Methods and Statistics
- Exercise Physiology Mini Lab Project
- Physical Activity and Health: Public Health and Behaviour Change
- Sports Injuries for Doctors and Physiotherapists
- Sports Injuries: Prevention and Rehabilitation
- The World Class Athlete
- Physical Activity and Health: Epidemiology, Mechanisms and Interventions
- Ergogenic Aids for Exercise Performance
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Sciences Biochemistry View 757 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- A degree in the sport and exercise eciences, physiotherapy, medicine, other relevant biological/biomedical sciences, or other health professions/health-related areas (at least a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent). Alternative qualifications will also be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- An IELTS score of at least 6.5 with a minimum score of 6.0 in each component (or equivalent qualification) is required for students who do not have English as their first language.
International23500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Home and EU: Part-time fee: £983 per 20 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.